2014 Transportation Improvement Board Selected Projects
Five street improvement projects in SW Washington will receive approximately $7.2 million in grants through the Transportation Improvement Board . Projects include South Parkway Avenue (Battle Ground), NE 99th Street and SR-503 intersection (Clark County), 32nd Street and Evergreen Boulevard intersection (Washougal), and sidewalks along Highway 99 (Clark County) and SE Evergreen Way (Washougal).
The TIB distributes grant funding to cities and counties for priority local transportation improvements. Funds come from a portion of the statewide gas tax.
Listed below is a status report of the 2014 TIB project selection within the RTPO region (Clark, Skamania, and Klickitat Counties). The TIB selected projects at their November 21, 2014 meeting. A total of five projects within our region were selected for TIB funding, totaling approximately $7.2 million in grant funding. In 2014, all selected projects were within the Clark County urban area.
Urban Arterial Programs
- South Parkway Avenue, SE Rasmussen Boulevard to Eaton Boulevard (Battle Ground): Improves and widens South Parkway to three lane minor arterial with sidewalks, bike lanes, and street lights. The improvement will replace open ditches with an underground storm water system. Total project cost of $4,633,493, with TIB grant of $3,938,469.
- NE 99th Street and SR-503 Intersection (Clark County): Project will improve longstanding congestion and safety issues at this major regional intersection. Dedicated turn lanes will be added, traffic signals and ADA features will be upgraded, and storm water treatment enhanced. Total project cost of $2,946,000, with TIB grant of $2,356,800.
- 32nd Street and Evergreen Boulevard Intersection (Washougal): Improve intersection with dedicated turn lanes and improved turn radii. Project will replace traffic signal and enhance bicycle and pedestrian movement through intersection. Total project cost of $1,680,730, with TIB grant of $500,000.
Urban Sidewalk Program
- Highway 99, NE 63rd Street to NE 78th Street (Clark County): Reconstruction of the existing narrow west-side sidewalk to create a much safer ADA compliant pedestrian corridor. C-TRAN facilities will also be improved along this section of Hwy 99. Total project cost of $921,950, with TIB grant of $250,000
- SE Evergreen Way, Evergreen Market Place to 34th Street
(Washougal): This project will add a sidewalk along the north side of
Evergreen Way to improve access to and from retail area. Total project cost
of $139,045, with TIB grant of $111,235.