The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is conducting a corridor and design study of I-5, from the NE 134th Street/I-205 Junction to NW 319th Street, as well as a study of I-205 from the NE 83rd Street interchange to I-5.
There are a number of complex transportation, land use, environmental, and economic issues regarding the impacts of potential transportation projects planned in this corridor over the next 20 years.
People have already suggested a number of improvements including:
- Widen the freeway to 3 lanes
- Build an interchange at NE 219th Street
- Build truck-only lanes
- Build High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes
- Build more Park-n-Ride lots
- Improve the NE 179th Street interchange
- Build more overpasses across the freeways
- Improve the NE 134th Street interchange
- Relocate the Salmon Creek Park-and-Ride
A series of Open Houses are planned to solicit your feedback. For more details please visit the official web site for this study.
Study Area Map
I-5: 134th St. to 319th St.
I-205: 83rd St. to I-5
For More Information
Washington State Department of Transportation
PO Box 1709
Vancouver, WA 98668-1709